Thursday, November 29, 2012

Give Me Something


I'm stuck - stuck in the middle of the sentence I was writing and the words refuse to come to me. Your eyes greet me in silence as I glance up toward you - the same eyes that gave me their undivided attention since the first word that escaped me. Your ankle is crossed over your knee as you hold a cup of tea, slouching neatly. Almost careless, with that drowsy look you're wearing, except anything but careless is what you are. You stare at me poetically, stealing a fraction of my soul. 

The loose tie around your neck catches my attention. We speak with the eyes as the energy multiplies between us, revealing each bit of lust in our silent dialogue that glistens, yet neither of us act on it. The atmosphere remains silent and tender, and the only thing that makes a sound is the fireplace as it crackles. Your teeth dance across your lower lip, melting me slowly but surely. Then you take a sip from the warm cup in front of you and a smirk unfolds along my lips.

A towel is wrapped around me, yet my flesh is not revealed - I rest beneath your harmless gaze, and as you watch me write, sitting right across from me, intensity builds and the angle that your neck rests on calls for me. We are stuck in a glare that is ruled by passion, yet you don't lay a finger on me, and I don't reach out to touch you. I embrace the scent of your skin and the cold look on your face, as a layer of warmth betrays it. One touch to break the silence - that is all it takes to unveil me. But a battle forms between this very tender moment and the darker side of our conscience that screams for dirty filthy passion. I watch as a smile makes its way across your lips, and in the timeframe it takes to catch your eyes once again, we both choose the moment, recognizing its incomparable value as we sit there in silence, prolonging each second that passes. 

…so you continue to watch me write each word. And as my fingertips reach the final letter, I glance up at you with a genuine smile on my face, and finally you reach me. You are tender and gentle, placing a kiss on my forehead, and I come into your arms, holding onto you tightly, with lips slowly running down your cheek. The lust still exists between us, but it transforms into a calm atmosphere filled with compassion, your fingertips playing along the back of my neck. I touch your lips, and there are kisses in between, but the remainder of the night belongs to a dialogue of silence - it is really quite beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment